Thursday, November 10, 2011

Follow Up: The Waiting Game






I'm officially counting down the days until I begin my internship at Walt Disney World's Animal Kingdom!



I'm super anxious for January to get here! After accepting the position, I was able to join an enterprise social network called Yammer (it's pretty much the private facebook for work relations).  I have been able to start talking with many of the other Animal and Environmental Sciences Interns for next semester.

They are all really very great and I'm so thrilled to get to know them and to work with them. Seems like they are still in the hiring process, as I'm seeing new students being added to the group every day.

I also was able to make contact with the other Vet Hospital Intern, which I was happy to see that we both had pictures of Raccoons in our profile pictures: It is meant to be! :) I still cannot believe that I was selected, this really is a dream come true!

I'm really glad they have offered this social networking type of site, as it is really helping us all get answers for our questions, which pertain to many different aspects of housing, checking in, and the overall process. I'm still waiting to hear from Disney in regards to the onboarding website, which is supposed to offer me more information on housing, my intern role and checking in on the 12 of January. I'm trying to be patient, I'm just really anxious! :)








I have decided to reserve the company-sponsored housing for Interns, which means I will be putting down a deposit via Disney in order to live at Cumberland Apartments. I have talked to a few of the girls and if all goes as planned, I will be attempting to room with Kerstin, and be apartment-mates with Heather and Arielle (all of which are Conservation Education Presenters).

The apartment itself looks beautiful, and even though we are sharing rooms (two to a room), the layout and space seem great. I'm thrilled to have found some really down to earth and fun ladies to room with, they are going to be great to have around I'm sure!





My fellowship at CROW is ending on the 26th of December, I will be flying home to Kansas on the 28th, giving me some time to make up for missed holidays and see family, friends and my sorority sisters.


Not to forget all of my pets! It is going to be hard to fly home and leave it all again for another six months! But I'm sure being part of Disney's Family will help me with all of that! :)

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to room with you either Hilaire! It is going to be so much fun. I can't wait to get to know you better! Visiting the parks on our days off, getting some sushi, and of course playing with the animals LOL! I might have to take Michelle up on her offer to go hang out with her pets because like you, I am going to miss all of mine so much!

    ReplyDelete