Friday, October 28, 2011

Acceptance!

Conservation Station! 


After an involved application process, an intense but amazing interview, and a follow-up phone call... I am so completely pleased to say that I have been selected to participate in the Animal Programs Vet Hospital Professional Internship for Spring 2012 at Walt Disney World's Animal Kingdom! 


My arrival and departure dates are as follows: January 12, 2012 until June 9, 2012. 


This internship opportunity is designed to give students like me the experience in a veterinary hospital setting where I will have the chance to provide patient care, keep accurate records and develop relationships with staff of keepers, technicians and veterinarians. 


My responsibilities include two roles, split up in three month periods: the Primary Wildlife Case Contact and the assistant to the Veterinary Technicians. As the Primary Wildlife Case Contact, I'm responsible for receiving all incoming wildlife cases in the veterinary hospital from the Walt Disney World Resort property, including assessment, triage, giving necessary care as directed by the animal care staff and veterinarians, animal transport to rehabilitation facilities, and maintenance of all records and databases.

When functioning as the Assistant to the Veterinary Technicians, I will provide support that includes setting up supplies/equipment prior to procedures, cleaning/packing/sterilizing instruments and assisting with sample preparation and related laboratory paperwork. 




The On-show Veterinary Treatment Window! 


Along with both roles, I am responsible for guest interactions and giving presentations in the on-show veterinary treatment window! Which I'm so flipping excited about!  Well, I'm just excited about it all actually!
Rafiki -- my new boss! ;)

7 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you and can't wait to hear all about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following! I'm so excited for you, the vet hospital internship sounds like an amazing experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following as well Hilaire! So jealous that you are doing the vet hospital internship! Can't wait to read about it and hope that you share all the details with me. I will live vicariously through you! Perhaps you can teach me a thing or two! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hilaire! I know this blog is over 2 years old but I wanted to know if you were wrong to answer some questions about your Disney internship at Animal Kingdom. Let me know. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im no expert, but I believe you just made an excellent point. You certainly fully understand what youre speaking about, and I can truly get behind that.
    Pet Shipper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting and amazing how your post is! It Is Useful and helpful for me That I like it very much, and I am looking forward to Hearing from your next.. Rustebakke Vet Clinic

    ReplyDelete